Friday, July 6, 2012

Ava's 2nd birthday party: {ELMO}

When I started planning Ava's 2nd birthday party, she LOVED Elmo...but that isn't the case now.
So in the last 2 months, she has switched her love to Ariel, the Little Mermaid but I already crated the invitation AND we had her 2 year photo shoot.
So....Elmo it was!

Aunt Gina was the.biggest.HELP.EVER!!! She spent the night on Friday night and was able to assist in the kitchen, with the kids on Saturday and with setting up for the party!

Here is a little snapshot of what my kitchen looked like the night before the party. YIKES!
I should have taken a picture of my bedroom because that was party-get-ready central!
Again, I had been planning this party for 2 months so I'm sure Pete is thrilled our bedroom is back to normal!



Pete made the cake (again) and it was delicious!!!
He was up until 3 AM...all for his precious Sugar Bear and Elmo!

Saturday before the party, the kids were being themselves. Silly and playful.




I didn't want to have a "tacky" Elmo party so we went with black and white and a splash of red/Elmo decor.

the cookies were alphabets and numbers


the jello has gummy fish in it

Pete's masterpiece!


I setup a coloring area for the little kids.
"A is for Ava and acorns"


We moved the dining room table against the wall and covered it with a white table cloth, some red flowers, black and white polka dotted streamers and photos of our Bear!



I set up a reading area with all Elmo and Sesame Street books.
"read and hint for the letter A and the number 2"


We didn't want anybody playing upstairs so we roped it off.
The party favors were bubbles and gummy fish.

One of my BFFs made this wreath! Isn't it AMAZING! I told her what colors I wanted and this is what she came up with!

The thick red ribbon has sparkled red stars and the black and white ribbon is zebra stripped with black "fuzz" around the edges. The black sparkled balls are ornaments and the large bow has a black butterfly in the middle.

We had to set up the tables in the garage because of the rain. BOO :(







As expected, Ava was in full character when it was time to have "happy cake".
She was all smiles while her friends were singing to her!
She loves getting all of the attention.





Gina and I dipped the icecream sandwiches in red sprinkles to give them alittle extra.

After the party guests and rain left, Daddy set up our new sizzlin' cool water slide.








It started raining (again) but Daddy needed to stay out to take down the slide...


the moning after!


It took me FOREVER to create this, and the other birthday, post because I look though old pics and just get caught crying reminiscing over all of the prefect memories that have been created in the past 2 years.

Ava's 1st Birthday Party: {princess}


















Ava's BIRTHday Party!





No comments:

Post a Comment